There are a Wealth of Products Available to Give You In-Depth Coverage
There are a wealth of products and options available to give you auto insurance coverage and plenty of choices when it comes to tailoring coverage to your circumstances. Most of the time, it’s a matter of knowing enough to make an informed decision.
Auto insurance can be broken down into three broad parts:
- Coverage for paying your medical expenses. This includes Personal Injury Protection (PIP), Medical Payments, and Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage
- Coverage for your car. This includes Collision and Comprehensive
- Your liability for injury to other people or damage to the property of other people
Your Medical Expenses
Personal Injury Protection
Every vehicle owner in the state of Florida must be covered by Personal Injury Protection (PIP). In case of an accident, PIP covers:
- PIP covers everyone in the vehicle
- 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000
- Lost wages and certain expenses within that same $10,000
- $5,000 death benefit
Options available include:
- Additional PIP to increase the $10,000 limit
- Extended PIP changes the 80% limit to 100%
This provides an additional sum (how much is your choice) to pay for medical expenses for you or a passenger in your car. It can be used to pay the 20% not paid by PIP, or expenses that exceed the $10,000 PIP limit.
Approximately 20% of Florida drivers skirt the law and have no insurance! Many others carry just the minimum $10,000 coverage allowable by law – and sometimes, this is simply not enough to cover your medical costs if you are injured in an accident where the other driver(s) is at fault.
In an accident, your first recourse is your PIP. When that is exhausted, you can pursue the other driver’s insurance. If they have no insurance or not enough insurance to pay your medical bills, UM kicks in and fills the gap. How much it covers is up to you.
Coverage for Your Car
Collision and Comprehensive
Collision coverage, be it as part of the courier insurance or as an additional extra, pays cash value, lessens your deductible, for repairing or replacing your vehicle when it has been in a collision. Comprehensive coverage pays for loss or damage, lessens your deductible, due to anything other than collision, including fire, theft, vandalism, or weather-related damage.
Your Liability for Injury or Property Damage
Along with Property Damage coverage, Bodily Injury (BI) is a liability coverage. Up to the limits and rates you select, BI pays for the medical costs incurred by someone else who has been injured and for which you are liable. This coverage frequently has a “split limit,” meaning that it will pay up to a certain amount per person and a combined total per accident, regardless of how many people were injured.
A minimum of $10,000 of property damage (PD) coverage is required by Florida law. PD pays for damage to the property of another person – including their vehicle, fence, or anything else – for which you are liable. If you are in two minds about which insurance to go for, you may want to do your own research on an “auto insurance broker near me” to see how you can be better compensated in the State of Florida.
Motor homes and RVs have unique insurance needs. It has to be insured as an auto vehicle; but there are so many options available to you beyond the basic protection plans.
Types of RV and Motor Home Insurance Coverage
We can craft specialized coverage for several kinds of vehicles, including:
- Camper cars
- Motor coaches
- Classes A, B, and C
- Fifth wheels
- Travel trailers
- Toy haulers
We can offer the following protections and more:
- Collision coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Theft coverage
- Vandalism coverage
- Towing and labor
- Roadside assistance
- Uninsured or under-insured drivers
- Vacation liability
Whether you use your boat to fish, cruise, or race, we know it must be pretty difficult to picture your life without it. Getting the proper watercraft insurance may be a matter of protecting your investment, your lifestyle, or even your livelihood.
Typically, boat insurance insures against many common losses, including:
Coverage for Paying Your Medical Expenses
- Injury caused by an uninsured watercraft operator
- Water skiers or wake boarders who become injured using your craft
Coverage for the Boat
- Towing assistance
- Damage to the hull, machinery, equipment
Your Liability for Injury or Damage
- Bodily injury or death to another person due to your negligence
- Damage to another craft or dock
- Negligence of another boater while using your personal watercraft
Discounts on Boat Insurance
You may be able to save money on your boat insurance through the following:
- Completing a boater safety course
- Multiple boat coverage
- Bundling watercraft insurance with another policy (auto or home)
- Membership in a boating club
Coverage for motorcyclists includes protection for you, your bike, and your accessories. We can tailor a motorcycle insurance policy for many types of riders:
- Dirt bikes
- Classic or antique street bikes
No doubt, you’ll want to qualify for some of our discounts! You may qualify for a number of discounts including:
- Insuring more than one motorcycle
- Mature riders
- Credit for qualified safety courses
- Multi-policy association membership