A Rental Property Policy Needs to Address Specific Issues
A standard homeowners insurance policy covers owner-occupied properties. It does not cover a home that is held out for rental or is not owner-occupied. Most insurance companies will not knowingly provide a policy for a short-term rental home. We work with the best companies who do.
- Do you rent your home out weekly or monthly?
- Do you occupy your second home or vacation home intermittently or non-continuously?
- Do you furnish this second home for short-term renters? Or do you leave it empty for long-term tenants?
- What will protect your home against perils like vandalism when your vacation home is unoccupied?
You need a policy for your rental properties that specifically addresses these issues. Rental properties – be it second homes or short-term rentals such as these StayTony short term rentals Hollywood – are common in Florida and other states. For over 15 years we have insured thousands of short-term rental properties. Fudge Insurance is well versed in the unique risks of short-term rental homes. With clients in 77 countries, we are experienced in giving peace of mind to absentee owners by properly covering their short-term rental homes in Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and more. Let us make your short-term rental insurance shopping a breeze and give you peace of mind. Contact us now.
Dwelling Fire insurance covers damage and legal liability for homes that are not typically owner-occupied or are owned by a corporation or LLC. This includes coverage for:
- Single-family homes, condos, apartments
- Second homes and vacation homes
What It Covers
- Any sudden or accidental loss or damage unless otherwise excluded
- Houses that are not occupied by the owner (or occupied on a part-time basis)
- Clean-up after a loss, such as after a natural disaster
- Unattached structures such as sheds, detached garages, barns, greenhouses, etc.
- Some coverage for loss of use or loss of rent in the event that the home becomes uninhabitable
- Third party liability coverage
Protection against damage from floods and earthquakes will have to be purchased as a separate policy.